September 24, 2017 – St. John’s Lutheran Church in Peru, IL
We will be meeting at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 2000 Luther Drive, in Peru from 5;30pm to 7:30pm. We are, once again, keeping the location centrally located in the region. In anticipation of a larger crowd, we feel blessed to have the use of the gathering room at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Unlike our other events, however, there is no alcohol permitted at this gathering.
We will again have a potluck, only this time we are suggesting a salad and dessert bar. If your last name begins with a letter between A and M, please bring a dessert. If your last name begins with a letter between N and Z, please bring a salad.
PLEASE RSVP so that we have the appropriate amount and variety of dishes for the buffet.
This will be a very special meeting as we listen to the presenters representing the agencies who have moved one step closer to receiving the first WIN grant. At this time, the amount available to award is $8700. Following are the presenters, in no specific order, for the evening, and the title of the project/program for which they requested the indicated funds:
Tracy Beattie, President/CEO Starved Rock Regional Center $500 Autism Center Resources
Susan Bursztynsky, Exec. Director ADV/SAS $2030 Office Location Expansion
Michael Zerneck, Exec. Director Freedom House $8500 Youth Empowerment Program Expansion
Susan Busztynsky, Exec. Director ADV/SAS $2750 Recognize, Respond, Refer – Awareness Campaign
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND. We want each of you to hear the presentations in order to make an informed decision regarding the grant awards. You will be able to ask questions at the conclusion of each presentation. Members will be eligible to vote for the program they believe to be the most deserving of the WIN grant funding. The total of $8700 may be awarded to more than one program. Voting will be open between October 1, 2017 and October 13, 2017. Grant checks will be presented at the Celebration of Giving event to be held in November.
Remember, everyone is welcome, whether you are a member of WIN or not. Only members may vote. Please be sure your $200 annual donation is paid in full prior to October 1, 2017. If you are not a member yet, but intend to join, you may join for 2017 to be able to vote this year, or you may wait until after November 1 to join next year. Meeting attendance, according to the new by-laws, requires a $2.00 fee when you sign-in upon arrival.
As always, please feel free to bring a friend. We are still planning to meet our goal of 150 members in 2018. Don’t forget to RSVP, and bring your potluck dish.
We are the WOMEN INSPIRED NETWORK. Making grants to better our community is why we exist. Our mission – Growing, Gathering and Giving!
November 2017 – Location TBD
Celebration! Women Inspired Network Giving Celebration. Checks presented. All WIN members and Friends of WIN are encouraged to attend and bring new friends and family. Let’s share our success!
RSVP Required for the Celebration Event.
We anticipate all members will attend, with their guests as well as our Grant recipients, their board members, families and friends.
Why Join Win?
- We focus on empowering women to become involved in positively contributing to their community through philanthropy.
- When you invest in women, the whole community wins. Through our members, we learn about opportunities in need of support, resources, and /or change and where our efforts will make the most impact.
- Help us build a strong, sustainable source of funding for women’s concerns and resulting initiatives.
- Amplify your own impact by joining others. Your individual donations and efforts can only go so far. However, combined with other Women Inspired, those funds can become more impactful.
- Gift yourself with the opportunity to share your passion for causes that matter most to you with others that care. Come together as a team to create solutions. Share the joy of success through teamwork.
Membership levels are available at two levels, and can be split with a friend.
- Founding memberships are $500 or more.
- Sustaining memberships are $200.
- Friends of WIN can pledge any amount.
To join WIN, download and mail the form below with payment.