WOW! Thank you to everyone for all of their hard work and support! The Celebration of Giving was a huge success and such a fun time!
The Celebration of Giving was held to present awards to this year’s grant recipients; The Starved Rock Regional Center in Ottawa, Freedom House of Princeton and ADV SAS, a group that provides counseling for victims of domestic and sexual violence in LaSalle and Livingston Counties. The grants totaled $9,500 and all recipients were voted on by members of the Women Inspired Network over the course of a few weeks.
The Starved Rock Regional Center of Ottawa received $500 to advance their Illinois Valley Autism Resource Center, which provides much needed resources such as books and kits for families with Autistic children to use.
ADV SAS received $2,500 to help fund their initiative to increase domestic violence awareness with brochures and other forms of advertising. Before receiving the grant, residents of Mendota, LaSalle and Peru were being seen in local libraries and schools because there was no physical location for them to meet. Now, ADV SAS have been awarded a new office in the area for which they will use some of their grant money to help furnish and prepare for residents in need.
The Freedom House of Princeton received the highest award of the evening, $6,500, to further fund their Youth Empowerment Program. This program offers a series of 5 week-long summer camps for preteen boys and girls, aged 9-12, that helps them improve self-esteem, promotes a positive body image, and teaches them how to deal with peer pressure and prevent bullying.
The evening not only included grant presentations, but also offered attendees the chance to hear Annette Schnabel, CEO of Perry Memorial Hospital, speak and present awards. WIN founding member and President of the Starved Rock Country Community Foundation, Pamela Beckett, also spoke about the journey she and the members of WIN have been on since its establishment only a year ago. Founding member Cheri Reynolds also spoke about the strides the initiative has made in such a short amount of time and gave thanks to all those involved.
Unfortunately, the scheduled distinguished speaker, Administrative Law Judge Melissa Olivero, was unable to attend, but expressed her support and admiration for the Women Inspired Network and everything they do for Starved Rock Country.
WIN will be offering more grant rewards next year to the organizations in Starved Rock Country that members wish to help.
Upcoming Events – 2018
February 20 – Location and time TBA
April 17 – Location and time TBA
September 18 – Location and time TBA
November 20 – Location and time TBA
Why Join Win?
- We focus on empowering women to become involved in positively contributing to their community through philanthropy.
- When you invest in women, the whole community wins. Through our members, we learn about opportunities in need of support, resources, and /or change and where our efforts will make the most impact.
- Help us build a strong, sustainable source of funding for women’s concerns and resulting initiatives.
- Amplify your own impact by joining others. Your individual donations and efforts can only go so far. However, combined with other Women Inspired, those funds can become more impactful.
- Gift yourself with the opportunity to share your passion for causes that matter most to you with others that care. Come together as a team to create solutions. Share the joy of success through teamwork.
Membership levels are available at two levels, and can be split with a friend.
- Founding memberships are $500 or more.
- Sustaining memberships are $200.
- Friends of WIN can pledge any amount.
To join WIN, download and mail the form below with payment.