Attention 2018 Grant Applicants – $11,000 Grant Funding Available!
Please download the Grant Application here.
NEXT MEETING – CASE FOR SUPPORT PRESENTATIONS
September 18, 2018 – St. Roch’s Event Space, 548 Crosat Street, LaSalle, IL $2.00 Meeting Fee
5:30 – 8:30 pm Appetizer and Dessert Potluck If your last name begins with A-L, bring an Appetizer; M-Z bring a dessert.
RSVP Annette Schnabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
The September WIN Gathering will give you the information you need to cast your vote for our 2018 WIN Grant recipients. All 2018 grant applications will be reviewed by the WIN Grants Review Committee and those applications selected by the Committee will be presented at the September 18 meeting. Plan to attend to learn about each case for support from the applicants so that you can make an informed voting decision.
CELEBRATION OF GIVING – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2018
Celebrations 150, Utica 4:30pm – 8:30 Cocktails, Performance of “Love, Loss and What I Wore“, Dinner, and the 2018 WIN Grant Award Presentations
RSVP and Pre-Payment Required $35.00 per person. Cash; Checks made payable to SRCCF/WIN; Credit Cards Accepted at srccf.org – WIN Celebration of Giving Event
Join us for our 2nd Annual Win Gala! Delicious Food Stations/Cash Bar/Wonderful performance of Love, Loss and What I Wore by five amazing local actresses. The play, based on the book by Nora Ephron, will touch you – make you laugh and make you cry – about how emotionally connected we, as women, are to our clothes and how they can so easily be recalled from the most emotional times of our lives.
2017 CELEBRATION OF GIVING
WOW! Thank you to everyone for all of their hard work and support! The Celebration of Giving was a huge success and such a fun time!
The Celebration of Giving was held to present awards to this year’s grant recipients; The Starved Rock Regional Center in Ottawa, Freedom House of Princeton and ADV SAS, a group that provides counseling for victims of domestic and sexual violence in LaSalle and Livingston Counties. The grants totaled $9,500 and all recipients were voted on by members of the Women Inspired Network.
The Starved Rock Regional Center of Ottawa received $500 to advance the Illinois Valley Autism Resource Center, which provides much needed resources such as books and kits for families with Autistic children to use.
ADV SAS received $2,500 to help fund their initiative to increase domestic violence awareness with brochures and other forms of advertising, and to assist with the cost of expanding services to residents of Mendota, LaSalle and Peru.
The Freedom House of Princeton received the highest award of the evening, $6,500, to further fund their Youth Empowerment Program. This program offers a series of 5 week-long summer camps for preteen boys and girls, aged 9-12, that help youth improve self-esteem, promotes a positive body image, and teaches them how to deal with peer pressure and prevent bullying.
The evening not only included grant presentations, but also offered attendees the chance to hear Annette Schnabel, CEO of Perry Memorial Hospital give the awards presentation. WIN Founder and President of the Starved Rock Country Community Foundation, Pamela Beckett, also spoke about the journey she and the members of WIN have been on since its establishment only a year ago. Founding member Cheri Reynolds also spoke about the strides the initiative has made in such a short amount of time and gave thanks to all those involved.
WIN will be offering more grant rewards next year to the organizations in Starved Rock Country that members wish to help.
WOMEN ARE JOINING EVERY DAY!
Why Join Win?
- We focus on empowering women to become involved in positively contributing to their community through philanthropy.
- When you invest in women, the whole community wins. Through our members, we learn about opportunities in need of support, resources, and /or change and where our efforts will make the most impact.
- Help us build a strong, sustainable source of funding for women’s concerns and resulting initiatives.
- Amplify your own impact by joining others. Your individual donations and efforts can only go so far. However, combined with other Women Inspired, those funds can become more impactful.
- Gift yourself with the opportunity to share your passion for causes that matter most to you with others that care. Come together as a team to create solutions. Share the joy of success through teamwork.
Membership levels are available at two levels, and can be split with a friend.
- Founding memberships are $500 or more through 8/31/2018.
- Sustaining memberships are $200.
- Friends of WIN can make a donation of any amount.
To join WIN, download and mail the form below with payment.