The Arts of Starved Rock Country Fund is accepting applications for the FY2021 Community Arts Access Program. The purpose of the program is to provide organizations who support and deliver music, theater, visual art, dance, drama and other forms of art throughout our region for the benefit of our residents and visitors, and to enhance Starved Rock Country’s economic development, tourism industry and cultural opportunities.
Professional artists are used. (A professional artist is one who has a resumé with the arts as the major focus and arts training in a particular art form.) Manageability: The project demonstrates careful planning. The artist has experience working with the intended population.
The Application for Grant Funding is attached. You may fill out the application online, or download that pdf to email or mail in. Please review the following criteria:
- Eligibility: The applicant organization must be registered as a not-for-profit corporation with the office of Secretary of State, such as: Arts organizations, Community organizations, Municipal agencies or units of government, Pre-schools and K-12 schools, School cultural groups or parent organizations, Colleges and universities, Shelter/mental health facilities, Hospitals and nursing homes, Religious organizations.
- Your request for funding must be received between November 10, 2020 – November 20, 2020. All requests for funding should be received at least 45 days prior to the event/performance/initiative.
- All applications should be submitted so that there is adequate time to include recognition of The Arts of Starved Rock Country Fund, the Illinois Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts in all publicity.
- Applicant organizations must reside in and produce/present arts programming in one or more of the following Illinois counties: LaSalle, Bureau and Putnam.
- All programs must include a public participation component.
- Applicant organization is required to provide a minimum of a 25% cash match for the grant award.
- Applicant must keep documentation of income and expenses.
- Funds received from other IACA grant programs or other arts re-granting programs cannot be used as matching funds. Applicants may not receive funds for projects previously funded through The Arts of SRC Fund.
- Applicant should submit documentation of letters of financial/in-kind commitment from co- sponsoring organizations.
- Grant funds cannot be used for support of fundraising events; benefits, receptions or other social functions; capital improvements; construction; purchase of permanent equipment; out-of-state touring; or deficit funding.
- State agencies and their affiliates are ineligible to receive funds from the IACA.
Download the PDF below: