You can give to an existing fund or create a new fund. Funds can be named for a particular individual, family or anonymously. Distributions can be made to qualified organizations serving those in Starved Rock Country or anywhere in the United States.
There are many ways to give, including cash, checks, or credit cards. We also accept gifts of appreciated stock, life insurance proceeds, gifts from your retirement funds and gifts of grain. Other types of gifts such as cars, real estate, and works of art may be considered under certain circumstances in accordance with our Gift Acceptance Policy.
Your unrestricted donation to the SRCCF Leadership Fund is a gift for now. It enables us to operate, provides funds for immediate distribution to area agencies and charitable initiatives, and helps us build the core administrative fund. The Leadership Fund is created with unrestricted gifts, earnings on investments and administrative fees. For now, this is where we need your donation the most.
In addition to the Leadership Fund, the following funds can also be created through the Starved Rock Country Community Foundation. Grants are made from all of these funds for the purpose intended by the donor(s).
- Most flexible
- Make grants back to your favorite charities now or later
- Individual or corporate
- Created for the sole benefit of a specific charity, who receives annual distribution unless you instruct otherwise
- May specify how the charity is to use funds. If so, SRCCF supervises to assure donor intent
Field of Interest Fund
- Established by a group of donors to support a particular area, such as arts, education, healthcare, etc.
- Anyone can contribute
- SRCCF uses the fund either to fulfill a nonprofit grant request or to address an urgent need
- Geographic field of interest
- Interested residents establish a committee to raise and distribute funds for projects and local nonprofits
- Either general or to support a particular school, field of study or population
- Decisions are made by SRCCF committee, which may include one donor representative
- Established by nonprofits who want to build a long-term endowment to forever provide an annual income stream
Funds created by giving circles
- A group of like-minded individuals who pool donations to make grants from the pool of funds greatly amplifies financial impact.
GIVE US A CALL at 815-25-2906 to discuss which fund is best suited to your philanthropic interests.