OTTAWA NOON ROTARY $1, 000 RENEWABLE SCHOLARSHIP
NAME : CLASS RANK: ______ OUT OF _______
COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY:
SHARE YOUR CAREER GOALS:
LIST YOUR LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:
ON A SEPARATE SHEET, PLEASE WRITE ONE PARAGRAPH RESPONSES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. ROTARY INTERNATIONAL APPLIES THE CRITERIA LISTED BELOW AS A GUIDE TO MAKING SOUND DECISIONS. PLEASE SHARE AN EXAMPLE WHEN YOU APPLIED ONE OF THESE
IS IT THE TRUTH?
IS IT FAIR TO ALL CONCERNED?
WILL IT BUILD GOODWILL AND BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
WILL IT BE BENEFICIAL TO ALL CONCERNED?
2. SHARE AN EXAMPLE OF YOUR SERVICE TO YOUR SCHOOL OR THE COMMUNITY?
3. WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF AND WHY?
FINALISTS WILL BE INVITED TO A FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW THE WEEK OF APRIL 3-7,2017.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED WITH A COPY OF A LETTER OF
ACCEPTANCE FROM YOUR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY BEFORE MARCH 30,2016
The recipient of this year’s Ottawa Noon Rotary Scholarship ($1,000 payable to the college or university in the student’s name) will have the opportunity to renew the scholarship for a second year with the following criteria being met:
1) The student completes their freshman year with a minimum of a “B” GPA.
2) The student land a few das with the Ottawa Noon Rotary Club to present at a meeting about the highlights of their first year in college. Plan for 5-7 mimutes to speak).
3) The student contributes several days of ” sweat equity” by volunteering during any of our fund raising events during the year. If schedules don’t allow for that, then volunteering some time on improving the RiverWalk landscaping or similar civic endeavor is acceptable.
4) Funds are contingent on Ottawa Noon Rotary’s scholarship account having sufficient funds set aside for the renewable second year.
5) All of the above requirements need to be completed by June 30th, after the freshman year. Second year scholarship of $1,000 will be available to the family by July 30th .